Bookstore Movers was founded in DC by Matt Wixon in 2005. After stumbling upon Capitol Hill Books in the city’s Eastern Market neighborhood, he
immediately fell in love with the bookstore, and started working there as a shelver. Shortly thereafter, Matt created Bookstore Movers along with some friends and coworkers at the store with the aim to someday purchase the bookstore, thereby protecting the ceiling-high book stacks and the community surrounding this neighborhood institution.
Matt started Bookstore Movers to provide a unique moving experience in the Washington DC area, wherein each crew is professionally trained, customer-oriented, with kind and detailed attention to each individual move, and personalized care for each and every client. As a team, we focus on the move at hand and operate with integrity and kindness.
Each and every staff member and mover at Bookstore Movers is committed to upholding these standards. Our crews here rise before the sun each day and work until each move is complete to each client’s preferences. We conduct intensive training upon hiring so we can provide the most professional, efficient, and careful crews to your move. We are well-read and can surprise you with our abilities to get the largest furniture pieces through the tightest corners.
Although growing, Bookstore Movers is an organization with small business values, a friends and family business. We strive to provide a smooth and stress-free move for each and every client and take the utmost care of your items as if they were our own. Working with Bookstore Movers is a smart move because we’ve built this operation from the ground up, working every day to make a transitional time in your life not only seamless but enjoyable as well!
WHY HIRE US?
- Get a free, customized estimate most often within 30 minutes
- Worry-free packing! Book our professional, expertly-trained packers to secure your items in boxes ahead of your move (we’ll bring the materials!)
- Let us do the heavy lifting! Our movers are prepared for your most unique and unwieldy furniture pieces, let the professionals take care of you
- Communicate with a real person. Our customer service team is top notch and available to answer your every question (7 days a week, we also like to check in during most major holidays). It is truly our pleasure to help however we can.
- Need labor service only? If you need a crew but have your own truck or POD, get in touch! We can load your items for you if you prefer to handle the driving! Or, if you’ve just arrived, we can help unload your truck/POD.
- Moving to a new apartment in the same building? Our labor-only crews can help with that too, don’t hesitate to get in touch!
- We are familiar with most of the major buildings in DC and within the greater metro area and know how to navigate even the most challenging logistics.
- Caring crews. Our crew chiefs want to know about any special handling instructions you have, where you’d like to place each piece of furniture, if any items in particular are fragile, especially meaningful, or quite valuable. Let us know your preferences and we’ll do everything we can to accommodate!
- Go with experience. We’ve completed over thousands of moves, including for members of Congress, Embassies, Museums, and local libraries and schools, non-profits and more.
- We’ve taken care of it all! Do you have antiques, artwork, beloved conference tables, cherry wood furniture sets? Do you need special handling for your favorite ottoman, a careful transition for your family heirloom? Call on us. Every person at Bookstore Movers cares, listens, and notes what is important to you so that your move can go as smoothly as possible.
- We’ll bring the same level of integrity and professionalism to your move, whether it’s a studio apartment, a large house, an office move, or some other moving need. Get a free estimate now and see what Bookstore Movers can do for you.
It may be a cliche to say that we’re “More than a Moving Company”, but in this case, it happens to be true. We are professionals and we open every single day focused on our clients and their specific moving needs in each and every instance. We’re a friends and family business and we are ever-expanding our services so that we can be of the utmost assistance to you and within this community that we share together. Need a hand? Just get in touch!
FEEDBACK FROM CLIENTS ON YELP:
We had a bit of an adventure with a car parked in our reserved spots meaning the truck could not park during rush hour on our busy one way city street that has a bus route – but they did some magic to figure it out! All of our stuff was moved quickly and professionally and when we got to the new house, they took great care to let us know what advice they had for our older furniture on new hardwood floors.
Best of all, they were fun to hang out with – very pleasant and courteous. I would highly recommend them!
Phenomenal work! These guys are real pros, they work fast and smart. They showed up early and finished early. Quote was standard among competitors but they finished in less time than originally cited. They took things apart and put them back together quickly and took great care of the fragile stuff. Also just a nice polite team. Would absolutely recommend them anyone moving in the area!
There’s a reason this company has over 400 five star reviews. Truly professional moving services with a personal touch. Reliable, intelligent and careful is how we’d describe them. Don’t know how we got along without them! We run a home staging company and move frequently, so quality and care with furnishings is important to us. We haven’t been disappointed. They offer packing and labor as well as moving crews–so you’re always covered whatever your needs. Communication is a breeze and the teams at Bookstore Movers are the best! Great fellows : )
Do yourself a favor and call this company for your next move. You’ll be writing a 5 star review, too!
These guys were great. I had to move a church office with fairly short notice. They were amazing – polite, on-time, efficient, pleasant, careful. The office was great too, giving me all the information I needed. And the price was great. Any time I have to move anything, they will be my first call.