Mover and Personal Vehicle Driver Position (Washington, DC Metro Area)
This is a job for someone who wants to be a mover and also has their own car, driver’s license and insurance they can use on a daily basis. We pay extra for personal vehicle drivers.
About Bookstore Movers
Bookstore Movers provides high quality service by trustworthy and intelligent movers and packers to the Washington, DC area. We are hiring for part time and full time positions.
We are a 5 star company, have been voted the best movers in DC 10 years in a row, and were named a Top Workplace by the Washington Post.
- Pay for movers starts at $16.10/hr + tips and goes up to $35/hr + tips
- Tips are significant, and average approximately $10 per hour
- Additional pay for mileage and gas when driving
- Flexible scheduling
- 401K retirement plan with a match
- Subsidized health insurance
- Paid professional development
- Fair, honest, respectful and fun workplace
- Upon promotion, management experience in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to safely lift 120 pounds
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance
- Desire to do physically challenging work every day
- A customer service mindset
- Moving experience is preferred, but not necessary
Additional requirements for driver position::
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must have current vehicle insurance
- Clean driving record
- 2 years driving experience (not necessarily commercial)
Bookstore Movers is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
No phone calls or walk-ins. Please apply below.