Crew Chief Position (Washington, DC Metro Area)
This job is for experienced movers who have led a crew and driven a box truck previously. Training and experience at Bookstore Movers is required as well. It is also possible to join as a mover or packing specialist and be promoted to Crew Chief.
About Bookstore Movers
Bookstore Movers provides high quality service by trustworthy and intelligent movers and packers to the Washington, DC area. We are hiring for part time and full time positions.
We are a 5 star company, have been voted the best movers in DC 10 years in a row, and were named a Top Workplace by the Washington Post.
- Movers help clients in and out of their homes with great care and kindness, creating a positive experience for customers during an important transition in their lives
- Crew Chiefs manage a team of movers, creating a safe, positive and engaging work environment designed to get the job done successfully
- Assisting the cultivation of moving skills in subordinates and furthering their own knowledge is paramount.
- Crew Chiefs keep the truck on schedule, perform courtesy calls and communicate with the operations team about problems.
- Collection of payments and accountability of equipment
- Providing quality customer service at all times
- Work outdoors in a fun, variable work environment. No two days are the same.
- Be physically engaged in rewarding work. See the fruits of your labor.
- Experience camaraderie and teamwork with a great group of dedicated movers.
- Get paid well and have flexible work hours.
- Substantial bonuses Available
Minimum Job Qualifications
- MUST possess a valid driver’s license with clean driving record (no major moving violations and be insurable).
- Must provide own transportation to work sites within the DC metro area
- Desire and ability to do physical work (able to lift at least 120 lbs)
- Ability to assess client behavior and needs, and create a customer-oriented atmosphere
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills; must be able to manage coworkers, clients and job logistics simultaneously
- Able to obtain DOT medical card
- Must be able to work on weekends
- Management/Supervisory Experience preferred
Our crew chiefs make $3,500 – $6,000 a month during the busy season including significant tips. Crew Chief hourly rate varies based upon experience. Bookstore Movers offers a comprehensive, value-driven benefits package.
- Pay for crew chiefs starts at $17/hr + tips and goes up to $35/hr + tips, dependant on experience and skills.
- Flexible scheduling
- 401K retirement plan
- Paid professional development
- Fair, honest, respectful and fun workplace
- Upon promotion, management experience in a dynamic work environment
Bookstore Movers is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
No phone calls or walk-ins. Please apply below.