***This form is for our crew chief position. ***
Bookstore Movers was started in 2005 as a way for fellow employees of an independent used bookstore on Capitol Hill to develop the capital to one day, collectively, purchase the bookstore when the current owner retires.
We provide high-quality moving services by trustworthy and intelligent movers to the Washington, DC area. And we do so very well. In fact, we have been awarded the title of “Best DC Movers” by the Washington City Paper nine years in a row now, from 2010 through 2018. That said, we love what we do, and we are very good at it.
- Movers help clients in and out of their homes with great care and kindness, creating a positive experience for customers during an important transition in their lives
- Crew Chiefs manage a team of movers, creating a safe, positive and engaging work environment designed to get the job done successfully
- Assisting the cultivation of moving skills in subordinates and furthering their own knowledge is paramount.
- Crew Chiefs keep the truck on schedule, perform courtesy calls and communicate with the operations team about problems.
- Collection of payments and accountability of equipment
- Providing quality customer service at all times
- Work outdoors in a fun, variable work environment. No two days are the same.
- Be physically engaged in rewarding work. See the fruits of your labor.
- Experience camaraderie and teamwork with a great group of dedicated movers.
- Get paid well and have flexible work hours.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- MUST possess a valid driver’s license with clean driving record (no major moving violations and be insurable).
- Must provide own transportation to work sites within the DC metro area
- Desire and ability to do physical work (able to lift at least 100 lbs)
- Ability to assess client behavior and needs, and create a customer-oriented atmosphere
- Leadership and interpersonal skills; must be able to manage coworkers, clients and job logistics simultaneously
- Able to obtain DOT medical card
- Must be able to work on weekends
Our crew chiefs make $3,500 – $6,000 a month during the busy season including significant tips. Crew Chief hourly rate varies based upon experience. Bookstore Movers offers a comprehensive, value-driven benefits package.
- Pay for crew chiefs starts at $20/hr + tips and goes up to $35/hr + tips, dependant on experience and skills.
- Flexible scheduling
- 401K retirement plan with a match
- Subsidized health insurance
- Paid professional development
- Fair, honest, respectful and fun workplace
- Upon promotion, management experience in a dynamic work environment